Environmental Policy Statement
Mobile Installation Solutions (UK) Ltd t/a MIS Conversions (MIS) management team, led by the Managing Director (MD) have a commitment to:
- The protection of the environment and prevention of pollution.
- Fulfil the compliance obligations e.g. legal
- Continually improve the company’s environmental management system – the Quality and Environmental Manual (QEM) and establish objectives.
- Make sure the QEM is integrated in other business processes.
- Make resources available.
- Make sure the QEM achieves its intended outcome.
- Communicate the importance of the QEM.
- Direct and support others.
It is in the interest of the company to have a planned approach towards prevention and reduction of waste and pollution, leading to a long-term reduction of costs, as prevention and reduction are more desirable and economical than damage repair after the event.
The company will control their activities to avoid causing unnecessary and unacceptable risks or adverse effects on the environment, in line with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 (HASWA), the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and the Environmental Protection Act (EPA90) and any legal requirement as far as is reasonably practicable.
Responsibility for the environment is ranked equally with that for the health and safety of employees, the general public and others. Environmental awareness and individual responsibility will be developed amongst employees at all levels with full and effective consultation being encouraged. The company will continue to develop and improve standards by making use of available technology and developments, together with a waste reduction, recovery and recycling approach. Plant, vehicles and equipment will be maintained and operated to provide the maximum environmental protection as far as practicable.
Local community interests will be taken into account and positive communication with the community entered into where appropriate. Clients, employees, the general public and all other persons who may be affected will be made aware of any the company activity which may affect the environment. Natural habitats and wildlife will be respected and where appropriate within the control of the company, maintenance, restoration or creation of habitats will be encouraged.
Objectives outlined in the Environmental Policy and Management Reviews will be monitored to ensure they are being met wherever reasonably practicable.
1. Management – at all levels will take individual responsibility to ensure that environmental issues are considered when making decisions or when planning or controlling work.
2. Work Force – all employees must understand their individual responsibilities for acting in accordance with the individual, the company environmental policy and the safety policy.
3. Waste Reduction – all employees must give careful consideration to the elimination and reduction of waste at every stage of the construction operation. Where re-use or recycling of material is an economical advantage, this will be carried out.
4. Complaints – the company will continue to develop a system for handling complaints from individuals and organisations etc. and make every effort to provide an efficient and friendly route for communication
5. Development – individual within the company management will supervise the implementation and further development of the corporate environmental policy.